Designer Dog Carriers:
Haute couture or Chanel chic: designer dog carriers are va-va-voom
When pampering your lovable dog, he is the one to reap the benefits. Whether it’s an upscale dog bed or designer dog bowl, one thing’s for sure: this pooch is stylin’.
Well, when toting around Toto, this is one adornment both you and he will be able to share: the designer dog carrier. Think of it as a portable purse, one that is functional yet stylish, luxurious yet precious since the contents include your very own pet!
When selecting your designer dog carrier or upgrading from your current one (keep in mind it’s okay to have more than one -- think about frequently women change their assortment of shoes and purses!) the following tips are important not only for style, but for safety as well:
- Comfort. While it’s easy to get caught up in the extensive assortment of designer dog carriers, keep in mind the utmost important safety tip: a soft head rest for your little dog with ample ventilation. And now a word about “little” dogs: if you know in your heart that your dog is a little too big and feisty for a designer dog carrier, please realize a designer dog carrier is not for him. You are not doing your dog any favors if he can’t enjoy the proximity of being carried close to your heart. However, if your dog fits comfortably then you’ll know it’s a right fit.
- Style – leather or canvas? Polka dots or plaid? This one’s all you.
- Lightweight. You’ll want to take the weight of the empty designer dog carrier into account, similar to how you would purchase a leather briefcase or large leather handbag. We recommend going with a designer dog carrier which is comfortable not only to your dog but to you as the carrier.
- Lining. Some top of the line designer dog carriers include plush head openings made of genuine sheepskin fur, thereby resulting in a soft head rest for your little dog.
- Removable padded bottom linings. Simply said, they are key. Not only do they provide additional comfort in the designer dog carrier, they’re also a pleasure for your washing convenience.
- Zippers and convenient compartments. Who doesn’t like zippers?
- Additional options include an elasticized cord inside the bag which can be hooked to the dog’s collar to safely deter him from jumping out of the beautiful designer dog carrier.
- Side windows which open are a benefit when you want to give your first-class dog an A-1 view of the world, but when he needs to go incognito, secure the flap and pretend you’re carrying some fruit or something.
As you cater to your canine’s style, one way to supplement your pampered pet’s style is with a designer dog carrier. At The Dog Bowl, nothing is more important than your pets’ health and well being. For more information about dog carriers and to shop for carriers The Dog Bowl offers click here!