Did you have a favorite little blanket when growing up which was tattered and torn by the time you reached age five? Come on, fess up. Well, it’s not uncommon for your dog to have a favorite dog blanket, too. Whether it serves as a security or simply a means of comfort, a dog blanket is an essential must-have item in your dog’s bedding.
There are a variety of dog blankets to provide your dog with the utmost comfort, as well as warmth. Cozy is as dozy does; whether they’re dog blankets, dog car blankets, or dog fleece blankets, your dog’s down time is extremely important to his health and well-being. (Click here to see The Dog Bowl's selection of dog blankets.)
- Considering dogs sleep approximately ten to fourteen hours a day, the ultimate dog blanket should be soft. And the purpose is two-fold: while providing your dog with comfort to lie down and chill, it also protects your floor or car from accumulating countless dog hairs.
- Since experts advise against having your dog sleep with you at night, despite their advice you may have noticed your dog likes to curl up on your comforter or blanket. All the more important to get a dog blanket for him! By getting a dog blanket that is similar in fabric to yours, one way to minimize having him sleep with you is to recreate the comfort in his own dog blanket within his very own dog bed.
- As you may have already noticed with other pet items, certain dog blankets may be classified as luxurious dog blankets. Whether they’re leopard in print with faux fur, nothing is too good for your pooch.
- Plus, some dog blankets may be monogrammed. Even though you’ll have one dog bed for your dog, it’s fun to have a collection of dog blankets and bedding to switch off. Whether you choose a monogrammed dog blanket or fleece dog blanket or both, you can have more than one for instance and simply leave one in your car while another one’s in the house.
- Dog blankets are essential for your dog’s bed at home, but also work well in your car or dog carrier.
- This may sound basic, but keep temperature in mind. If winter is approaching, there is nothing better than a dog fleece blanket to keep Fido toasty and warm. However, as warmer weather approaches and he may have an affinity towards that dog fleece blanket, it’s important to switch to a cotton blanket so he does not overheat.
Overall, proper comfort is important for your dog’s overall well being. One way to make a positive impact is by providing a dog blankets. At The Dog Bowl, nothing is more important than your pets’ health and well being. For more information about dog blankets and to shop at The Dog Bowl's online storefront click here!