Pet Friendly New Years Resolutions!
This is the time of year when people all over the world take the time out to assess how their past year has gone. People often ask each other, "So what is your new years resolution?" The New Year is full of possibilities. Another year is behind us, and we take time to reflect on what we liked about the past year, and what we want to change.
Some of the most common new years resolution are:
- To lose weight
- To enjoy life more
- To accomplish some unfulfilled dream
- To love more
Most new years resolutions focus on improving the quality of life, and becoming a better, more fulfilled person. The Dog Bowl is here this year to make sure that this year you remember your pets when you are making your new years resolutions. What better way to become a better person then by having more fun with your pet?
Here is a list of some new years resolutions that you can enjoy with your pet. We here at The Dog Bowl are convinced that if your pet could talk this is what they would want to be their new years resolution.
- Take more walks! What pet wouldn't enjoy taking more walks? Believe it or not, getting outside and taking your pet for a walk will indirectly improve your quality of life as well. In general, being active more is a great new years resolution for both you and your pet. You will find yourself with increased energy, and better focus. Nothing clears the head like a good walk, and it will improve your health getting your blood flowing and stretching out your muscles.
- Learn some new tricks! A pet's mind as well as their body needs to be continually stimulated. Does your dog know all of the basic dog tricks like sit, stay, paw, and fetch? If not make the learning of those basic tricks a top priority. Don't believe that old wives tale that, "you can't teach an old dog new tricks!" Dogs at almost any age have active minds that are eager to please their owners. If your dog already knows some basic tricks, make a list of tricks you want to teach your dog, as your new years resolution. You will have the enjoyment of teaching your friend some new tricks, and you will impress your friends. You will be amazed at how much your social status gets raised, just by teaching Fido how to give you a high five!
- Explore someplace new! Go to a park with your pet or some local historic site that the two of you have never gone to before. Your pet will be overjoyed by the vast array of new sights, sounds, and smells that will delight their senses. And you will have the pleasure of exploring someplace new yourself. If you have someone special in your life take them along to and enjoy a romantic afternoon with your pets!
- Pamper your pet! Go to our store or browse our online catalogue and treat your pet to something special. Maybe a new dog leash, some dog toys, a new outfit, or just something new!