BARF works wonders!
If you’ve heard of The BARF Diet, also known as the raw food diet or raw meat diet, by Dr. Ian Billinghurst, you’re not alone. When your dog or cat switches to this raw food diet detox, positive changes will occur. Some are blatant, some are not so blatant. Some positive effects may take virtually no time while others may take months or years. According to the expert of this raw meat diet in his book, The BARF Diet, there are countless ways this raw meat diet will improve your dog or cat’s health. Here’s how:
- Escalating energy levels – look out! One of the very first changes from this raw food diet detox will be a new zeal for life. Young dogs will develop a significant increase in stamina. Older dogs will no longer appear sedentary; rather they’ll start going for walks again and playing ball. Cats are similar in the outward traits, however being that they’re cats, the signs are much more subtle.
- Increased lean body mass – if only humans could switch to the BARF diet too, you’ll notice your pat will start to lose unwanted fat and in turn, he or she will gain increased muscle. This will not only be a benefit of appearance, but your dog or cat will increase their metabolism, raise their activity level, and contribute to a healthier lifestyle.
- Less dental problems – another benefit to this raw food diet detox, better known as the BARF diet, is a much-improved breath. Tartar disappears and instead, cleaner teeth emerge. While this reduces the cost of veterinarian bills, it also creates a mouth that no longer spreads bacteria.
- Skin problems disappear – Another benefit to this raw meat diet is a healthy coat while persistent skin problems disappear.
- Infected ears become disinfected – this may begin to sound like it’s all too good to be true, but benefits to the BARF Diet are astounding. This raw meat diet normalizes and strengthens the immune system. As for one of the main reasons? The BARF diet contains a healthy balance of essential fatty acids and other normalizing nutrients, it reduces inflammatory conditions.
- Anal sac problems disappear – yet another positive effect of the raw meat diet.
- Improved water balance – as a hydrating effect of the raw food diet detox, since the BARF diet has minimal starches and sugar levels, your dog will require less in the terms of the water bowl. As a result, the BARF diet prevents the formation of crystals and stones in the urine of cats and dogs.
- Resistance to internal and external parasites – your dog or pet will gain an increased resistance to both fleas, worms, and parasites in general.
As for other benefits of the BARF diet? Arthritis disappears, incontinence disappears, diabetes diminishes, reproductive problems disappear, and reduction in the overall range of degenerative diseases. Pets eating a raw food diet tend to live longer than their kibble counterparts. Enough said.
At The Dog Bowl, nothing is more important than your pets’ health and well being. For more information about The BARF Diet and to shop online now click here!