Dog Bed Hygiene:
When your dog wakes up from sleeping in his or her very own dog bed, you can’t help but think: between a nutritious BARF diet, along with lots of hugs and tender loving care, this dog has got it going on.
Well, the next step beyond providing an ultra comfortable dog bed for your pooch is ensuring the ultimate care in dog bed hygiene. In other words, maintaining the utmost hygienic situation regarding your dog’s bed is extremely important, whether it is an orthopedic dog bed, a washable dog bed, a designer dog bed, or a large dog bed.
- When shopping for a dog bed and thinking about dog bed hygiene, for instance, durable zippered 100% cotton covers are machine washable and dryable for easy care and good dog bed hygiene. This means proper washing every two weeks results in one hygienic dog bed.
- In the event of fleas, it’s important to wash your dog’s bed clothes with hot water once a week.
- If your dog sleeps on a dog bed with a cover that is difficult to wash, then put something on top of it which is easy to wash such as a blanket and then wash it directly. This result in an extra layer of dog bed hygiene. (Click here to see a dog bed that comes with the option to order an extra cover with your order.) (This washable dog bed is available in round with an extra cover.)
- Additional items such as blankets, towels, or pillows are also important. For proper dog bed hygiene, wash the above mentioned items as frequently as you would wash linens or sheets on a bed.
- As long as the bed is machine washable, not only will you keep the dog bed clean and reduce odors associated with it, you’re maintaining your dog’s hygiene level.
Proper naps and snoozes are important to your dog for a healthy lifestyle and so is maintaining its hygiene. In order to support this lifestyle, proper dog bed hygiene is of the utmost importance.
At The Dog Bowl, nothing is more important than your pets’ health and well being. For more information about dog bed hygiene and to see the selection of dog beds at The Dog Bowl click here!