Sure, you’ve probably heard about animal wellness and if you think it’s similar to human wellness, you’re not alone.
Simply stated, animal wellness includes all facets of a healthy and happy pet ranging from proper hygiene to vet care to diet. In order for your pet to achieve an ultimate sense of wellness, the following tips should be adhered to:
- Nutrition. Is your pet eating processed food which is unhealthy and difficult to digest? Or is your precious pooch or feline eating a healthy raw food diet made of raw fresh foods? The latter is definitely a means to achieve the overall sense of animal wellness.
- Health. Are you scheduling regular visits to the vet and maintaining your records at home or online at the Dog Bowl? Good, we knew you were.
- Vitamins. To supplement the raw food diet, another way to achieving animal wellness is ensuring your dog has proper vitamins consumption. They regulate the metabolism and assist the biochemical processes which release energy from food. Dog vitamins are substances that intervene with nutrients obtained through food.
- Environment. Talk about creating an oasis of calm! Whether it’s aromatherapy candles, shampoo or soaps, aromatherapy products create a relaxed environment and help reduce your pet’s anxiety.
- Sleep. You may have noticed that your dog sleeps a lot. There’s nothing unhealthy or bizarre about this, but sleep is a critical component to animal wellness for your pet.
- Exercise. No explanation needed, your pet needs to be ambulatory and out and about! When combined with a healthy diet, exercise packs that one-two punch.
- Hygiene. Are you maintaining your pet’s regimen ranging from dental hygiene to paws (nail care & paw care) to grooming with proper shampoo? Animal wellness includes various components, one of which is hygiene and grooming.
At The Dog Bowl, nothing is more important than your pets’ health and well being. For more information about animal wellness and to shop at The Dog Bowl's online storefront click here.