Consider it a necklace for your feline, stylish cat collars are catching on. They’re the new “it” accessory. Whether it’s satin covering for an upscale party or your typical cat collar for every day cat couture wear, they’re stylish, they’re functional and they’re important to wear 24/7.
How to choose? There are several cat collars to choose from. Whether it’s a simple cat collar or the stylin’ bling cat collar, safety and comfort are important. As you’re shopping for a new cat collar, keep in mind the safety factor.
Sure, style is important, but the functionality of a collar for your cat is crucial. And considering they’re so affordable -- asking yourself these questions: does this fit my cat first and foremost, and is it his style – it’s not uncommon to buy more than one. Glittery, sporty, the many faces of feline, there are various ways to express your cat’s personality via the cat collar.
And, consider your cat, too. Does she scream purple and perky or gray and mellow? When shopping for a cat collar, keep the following tips in mind:
- A cat collar fits properly if you can fit only two fingers between it and the cat.
- Like all successful shopping excursions (and online ventures), it’s crucial to know what you’re looking for before you begin the search for a collar for your cat. Do you know the color, the type of collar (stones or leather?), the fabric? The more specific you are about defining your goals, the easier and less confusing it will be to purchase.
- Similar to how a woman factors her hair color and skin tone into the equation when purchasing clothing and accessories, it’s important to factor in your cat’s fur. In other words, if it clashes with the dashing new cat collar, not a wise choice does that make.
- Shop around for a cool cat collar but not to the point where you’re obsessed. Remember the purpose of the cat collar: to provide identification of your cat. According to the American Animal Hospital Association, roughly 30% of pet owners have lost a pet at some time. All the more reason to register with the Dog Bowl’s Lost and Found Pet Program. Always ensure your cat is wearing a cat collar with proper identification.
- Look at the price range and determine how much money you would like to spend on a fancy cat collar since they tend to be a bit pricier than your average, simple collar for your cat.
- Keep this in mind when purchasing a cat collar and realize that it’s okay to buy more than one cat collar to rotate and switch it up every now and then.
And most importantly, no matter how stylish or simple the cat collar is, comfort and safety are critical. The all-encompassing ID tags especially through the Dog Bowl’s Lost and Found Program is essential.
At The Dog Bowl, nothing is more important than your pets’ safety and well being. For more information about cat collars see what The Dog Bowl has to offer click here.