Dog Wedding Dresses:
Da-da-da-dum. Here comes the bride, all dressed in white. If you’re in the market for a dog wedding gown, whether it’s for Halloween or simply the big day, you’re not alone. Silk organza, satin, luxurious silk? Look no further.
Dog wedding dresses for your pooch are all the rage. Here are some things to keep in mind for your dog’s big day:
- The train. As beautiful as it may be, decide where the ceremony will be held. For instance, an outdoor ceremony may mean the long train on your dog’s wedding dress can get stepped on and your dog can easily trip. Maybe include this for the photo op only?
- Wrap style under the neck and the tummy. This style for your dog’s wedding gown isn’t just a big sheet of fabric (translation: toga). Instead, some dog wedding dresses are custom-fit for the pooch-to-be. In fact, the wrap style is best when it goes under the neck and tummy. It allows for easy mobilization. Remember, this is all about your dog’s wedding day, not you, the mom or pop of the “bride”.
- Arm holes are important. Most wedding gowns for dogs include small arm holes so your dog can easily move around.
- Washable fabric. Let’s face it, with an adorable outfit on this momentous occasion, it’s meant to be washed. And worn again. (Can anyone say prenup?)
- Satin bows. This one’s important. As with your other dog items such as bling dog collars, stylish pet carriers, or even pet bedding, the style of the dog wedding gown you select should reflect your dog’s personality. Is your poodle meant to wear a bow? Does your pug really like prancing around in a bow? Or how about your German Shepard? Please be realistic and ask these questions before your dog is wearing a dog wedding gown wondering how all this transpired in the first place.
- Accessories! Pearl necklace? Little shoes? Definitely the bling. While your dog’s wedding dress is the main attraction, there are definitely ways to get involved in the celebration, including dog’s bridesmaid dresses and dog tuxedos for the groom.
- If it doesn’t fit, don’t force it! Like any other dog clothing, you may notice your pet is in between a size. In fact, the same exact dog wedding gown may fit two dogs of the same breed differently.
- Don’t forget the vail! (A must for any blushing bride.)
Overall, dog wedding dresses are fun and whimsical for a memorable day in your dog’s life. At The Dog Bowl, nothing is more important than your pets’ well being. For more information about dog wedding gowns and other black-tie attire click here.